Note: Refer to photo illustrations for knotting off. Photo illustrations show small loom size; however, knotting instructions apply to all loom sizes. Follow the numbering sequence for the size loom required for your project.
1. Thread the needle with a long piece of yarn. Note: See Yarn Requirements chart for length of yarn required for each loom size. Referring to Photo 1 and starting at upper left side of loom, slip the needle under all layers of yarn at upper right side of intersection of wrapped yarn. Bring needle up on bottom left side of intersection. Pull needle through, leaving about 3 inches of yarn.
2. Tie the 3-inch end of yarn around intersection and knot tightly. Trim end.
3. Bring needle under at lower right side of intersection and up at upper left side.
4. Do not pull tightly so that a small loop remains.
5. Insert needle back through loop, pull yarn tightly. This will form an X shape across the intersection on the front of the square (the side which is facing the loom).
6. Following Fig. 3 diagram (below) for loom size you are using, move to intersection marked 2 and bring needle under intersection from lower right to upper left. Before pulling tight, insert needle back through loop. Pull tightly to secure knot.
7. Bring needle under intersection from upper right to lower left.
8. Before pulling tight, insert needle back through loop.
9. Pull tightly to secure knot. Continue in this manner until all knots have been completed and then knot yarn; cut off excess.
10. To remove finished square, release arm at back of loom, fold loom in half like a butterfly and gently remove.
11. Turn square over so that side that was facing the loom is now facing you. This is the front of the square.