Sewing Savvy Newsletter
Tips & Advice
|Notes From the Sewing Room|
Button-Crafted Tote Bag
This tote bag is great for carrying groceries, books or sewing supplies. By using buttons to personalize it, it became so much more than a plain canvas tote.
Design by Lorine Mason
- Tote bag
- Assorted buttons
- Fabric glue
- Fabric transfer pencil or pen
- Embroidery thread
- Monogram image on computer
- Basic sewing supplies and tools
- Choose a font on your computer, enlarge to size desired and print.
- Choose buttons for your project.
- Lay buttons on top of the printed image, following the lines of the monogram and varying the sizes of buttons. Remove buttons, keeping general placement intact, and set aside.
- Using a fabric-transfer pencil, trace the outline of the monogram on the reverse side of the monogram image. Following the manufacturer's directions, transfer the image onto the front of the tote bag.
- Lay buttons on top of the transferred monogram image, using the buttons set aside and the printed image as a guide to placement.
- Remove buttons in 2- to 4-inch sections; adding drops of fabric glue, replace buttons. The glue is meant only to hold the button in place during the sewing process; use glue sparingly.
- Stitch each button in place.
Copyright © 2013 Annie's. All rights reserved.
|Learn Simple Serging$11.99||NorthWoods Window Pane Quilt Pattern or Embellishment Set$8.99 - $10.99||Patchwork Maple Leaf Table Runner Pattern$9.49||Sunburst Table Topper Pattern$5.99||Insul-Bright™Regular Price: $9.98
Special Price: $7.99