Sewing Savvy Newsletter
Tips & Advice
|Notes From the Sewing Room|
- Wool-blend felt: green, red and other desired color
- Steam a Seam2™ fusible web
- Heavy-weight craft fusible interfacing
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies
- Embellishments: ornament hangers, keyhole, glitter snow, mini florals, ribbon, etc.
- Press fusible web to the back of the green felt and cut out using the patterns and/or measurements provided. Note: All measurements are in inches.
- Cut out two rectangles from the red felt using the pattern and/or measurements provided.
- Place the ornament front on a flat pressing surface; press pattern pieces to the front in the following order:
- Door frame
- Door panels
- Topstitch around each of the pattern pieces using an accent color of thread.
- Cut a rectangle of fusible interfacing using the pattern or measurements given for the ornament. Trim 1/8 inch from the bottom and one side of the interfacing piece. Note: This is done so that the interfacing does not show along the sides of the ornament once completed.
- Press interfacing centered on the back of the stitched ornament.
- Cover the interfacing with the remaining red rectangle of felt. Topstitch around the outside edge of the ornament through all layers
- Attach ornament hangers and embellish doorway as desired.
Copyright © 2012 Annie's. All rights reserved
|Patchwork Maple Leaf Table Runner Pattern$9.49||NorthWoods Window Pane Quilt Pattern or Embellishment Set$8.99 - $10.99||Insul-Bright™Regular Price: $9.98
Special Price: $7.99
|Learn Simple Serging$11.99||Learn Easy Sewing Skills$11.99|