Sewing Savvy Newsletter
Tips & Advice
|Notes From the Sewing Room|
Kanzashi Christmas Ornaments
Design by Lorine Mason
- Reflections Red fat quarters #275675
- 3-inch Kanzashi Flower Maker by Clover
- Rotary cutter, mat and ruler
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Embellishments: pompoms, rhinestones, buttons, etc.
- Ornament hanger: ribbon, fishing line with beads, metal ornament hanger, etc.
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
- Open fat quarters and press flat. Using the rotary cutter, mat and ruler, cut 4-inch-wide x 21-inch-long strips from the fabric.
- Subcut fabric strips into 4-inch squares. Note: Ornaments shown have been constructed from five to eight individual petals. One 4-inch square is required for each petal.
- Following the manufacturer's directions throughout, place a fabric square into the flower maker and trim.
- Using a needle and thread, stitch the fabric through the flower maker. Remove the fabric from the flower maker.
- Gently pull the threads to create the flower petal; continue creating petals and stringing the additional petals onto the same needle and thread.
- Choose a center embellishment, and using the glue gun, glue embellishment to the flower ornament.
- Add a hanger using ribbon, fishing line with beads or a purchased ornament hanger.
Copyright © 2013 Annie's. All rights reserved.