Technique - Quilt
Join Quilter's World magazine editor Carolyn Vagts as she teaches an innovative quilting technique for machine applique while creating a beautiful quilted, poppy wall hanging! Watch and learn a fast and fun technique for applying dozens of small, layered fabric pieces to fusible material in just minutes. In this online video class, you'll learn:
As you watch this fusible applique technique, you can practice each step along with Carolyn as she makes a beautiful poppy wall hanging from start to finish. Class materials include the complete pattern instructions and pattern pieces which students can download and use over and over again. This class is suited to advanced beginner- to intermediate-level quilters.
- How to select the perfect fabrics from your scrap stash
- Advantages of batik fabrics
- How to properly arrange and layer applique pieces
- Successful fusing tips and tricks
- Quick cutting methods
- Raw edge applique and tips for success
- Machine applique tips with your sewing machine
- Adding those special extra adornments that truly make your applique quilt creation one of a kind!
Note: Annie's DVD video classes include a CD with downloadable and printable class project instructions, closed captioning, materials lists and diagrams. DVDs are compatible with North American DVD players, and PC and Macintosh computer systems.
Also Available as an Annie's Online Class
Video Length: 1 Hours 33 Minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate