Technique - Quilt
Quilters don't need to choose between machine quilting and hand quilting—you can do both! Many machine quilters are discovering the rhythm and relaxation that comes with hand quilting their sewn-together projects. In this class, quilters of all types and experience levels will gain valuable insight from expert Pepper Cory into traditional and modern hand quilting styles and techniques.
This class includes step-by-step instructions and diagrams for completing three exclusive quilting projects: Flagstones & Heather Quilt, Modern Twist Table Runner and Sashiko-Style Pillow.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
Quilters able to complete confident beginner level projects will successfully be able to learn the skills and techniques taught in this class.
- Choose which materials and marking tools work best for hand quilting.
- Choose a design to complement your quilt.
- Transfer a design onto your quilt with marking tools.
- Keep all three layers together with pin and thread basting.
- Size and customize a stencil design to your quilt.
- Create a paper model of your border design.
- Keep your back and body comfortable during quilting.
- Work the rocking stitch and make small, even stitches.
- Work the Sashiko-inspired big stitch, also called utility quilting.
- Impress judges at quilt shows with Pepper's "5 E's of Quilting."
- And much more!
Note: Annie's DVD video classes include a CD with downloadable and printable class project instructions, materials lists and diagrams. DVDs are compatible with North American DVD players, and PC and Macintosh computer systems. All Annie’s online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.
Also Available as an Annie's Online Class
Video Length: 3 Hours 12 Minutes
Skill Level: Confident Beginner