Learn to Hand Quilt Class DVD
This class includes step-by-step instructions and diagrams for completing three exclusive quilting projects: Flagstones & Heather Quilt, Modern Twist Table Runner and Sashiko-Style Pillow.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Choose which materials and marking tools work best for hand quilting.
- Choose a design to complement your quilt.
- Transfer a design onto your quilt with marking tools.
- Keep all three layers together with pin and thread basting.
- Size and customize a stencil design to your quilt.
- Create a paper model of your border design.
- Keep your back and body comfortable during quilting.
- Work the rocking stitch and make small, even stitches.
- Work the Sashiko-inspired big stitch, also called utility quilting.
- Impress judges at quilt shows with Pepper's "5 E's of Quilting."
- And much more!
Note: Annie's DVD video classes include a CD with downloadable and printable class project instructions, materials lists and diagrams. DVDs are compatible with North American DVD players, and PC and Macintosh computer systems. All Annie’s online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.
Video Length: 3 Hours 12 Minutes
How do you like this product?
Share your thoughts with the Annie's community.
May 31, 2017
Recently purchased the Hand Quilting DVD by Pepper Cory and was very impressed with it. I have always wanted to learn this technique and this DVD will make it possible. It is very well represented, the instructions are easy to follow. Have some experience with quilting and have never tried hand quilting. I can't wait to get started, and have a quilt ready to baste.
December 4, 2015
This DVD is so inspiring. The instructor is fun and gives so much information. Easy to follow and wonderfully presented. So many tips for equipment and comfort while stitching. I have quilt pieces my Grandmother handstitched and were handed down to me years ago. I always wanted use them but did not know how to put them together. Now I have the information I need. I am 74 years old and now will get started on my first quilt! Thanks so much! I would recommend this DVD.