Quilt With Scraps: Stash to Treasure DVD with BONUS Pattern Book
This DVD class includes a BONUS pattern book, so you don't need to print off any of the patterns or instructions!
Join Gyleen Fitzgerald as she takes you on a quilting journey that will change your life. You'll learn how to make order and harmony from that stash of fabric and how to balance bold prints with smaller prints and in-between prints. You'll understand how to group color families in a scrap quilt to make the project sing. As you follow along in this class, you'll feel empowered to turn to your fabric stash instead of heading to the fabric store when starting a new project!
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Create a visually pleasing fabric "choir" with a soloist (focal fabric), harmonizer (fabric that bridges the soloist to the choir members), choir members (scraps) and stage (background fabric).
- Recognize what makes a bold print work or not work as a quilt's focal fabric.
- Cut scraps into precut shapes for faster quilting.
- Organize your scraps so you know what's in your stash at any time.
- Line antique blocks to add stability and longevity.
- Use both precuts and scraps in one quilt.
- Cut triangles, diamonds, hexagons, half-hexagons and cones with Gyleen's Polygon and Polygon2 tools.
- Turn antique blocks of varying sizes into uniform-size blocks by adding borders and corner triangles.
- Make an on-point square pieced border.
- Calculate a float border to accommodate any quilt.
- Make a pieced scrap backing for any quilt.
Note: Annie's DVD video classes include a CD with downloadable and printable class project instructions, materials lists and diagrams. DVDs are compatible with North American DVD players, and PC and Macintosh computer systems. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.
Video Length: 3 Hours 20 Minutes