Different types of knitting projects need different types of edges -- some edges need to be stretchy, some extra-sturdy and others decorative. Various edges are achieved by working different cast-ons and bind-offs. In this class, you'll learn 9 essential casting-on and binding off techniques step-by-step, and also learn when to use each one.
In this class you'll learn:
- How to make a perfect slip knot
- How to work the cable cast-on, long-tail cast-on and backward-loop cast-on
- How to work the standard bind-off, suspended bind-off, k2tog bind-off, lace bind-off and three-needle bind-off
- How to bind off in pattern
- When to use each of these methods to achieve edges that are stretchy, tight, extra-durable or decorative
Join expert Kate Atherley in this Annie's video class, Cast-On & Bind-Off Knitting Workshop: 9 Essential Techniques, and add these important methods to your set of knitting skills.
You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie’s online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.