Beautiful star quilts made with perfectly cut triangles, diamonds, half-diamonds, trapezoids, hexagons, teardrops, gems and more are very popular among quilters. Now you can learn the secrets of cutting and piecing these shapes with expert Marci Baker in this Annie's video class, Learn to Quilt With 60-Degree Rulers.
In this class, Marci explains in detail how to use two of the most versatile 60-degree rulers available -- Creative Grids and Clearview 60-degree rulers. What's special about these two rulers is that you can use either of them to cut all the shapes taught in this class, and then quilt those shapes together into 12 exquisite star quilt blocks.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Choose fabrics with the right balance of light, medium and dark values.
- Save time and fabric with cutting shortcuts.
- Align, measure and cut shapes using the Creative Grids and Clearview 60-degree rulers.
- Cut beginner shapes including triangles, diamonds and half-diamonds.
- Cut more involved shapes including hexagons, trapezoids, teardrops, gems, flat pyramids and more.
- Press seams that lock together to reduce bulk and perfectly align.
- Attain perfect points without pinning.
- Work straight seams, set-in seams and easy Y-seams.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class project instructions in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, ect.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annieĺs online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.