Do you love to crochet granny squares and other motifs but often struggle when it comes time to join those motifs together? If this question strikes a chord, this class was designed with you in mind. Work alongside crochet expert Ellen Gormley as she teaches 11 versatile joining techniques that will showcase those motifs you've lovingly crocheted.
First Ellen starts with sewing motifs together and then moves to joining them with crochet. Several variations of each method are included. Last you will learn multiple join-as-you-go techniques for that no-sew approach everyone loves. Finally, Ellen will wrap up the class by demonstrating the joining method used for the great projects included in the class: the Annabelle Baby Blanket, the Barbara Lacy Scarf and the Portia Pillow Sleeve.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Provide sturdy joins well-suited to square motifs by whipstitching motifs together through either inner or outer loops.
- Create an invisible, durable seam with the mattress stitch.
- Add minimal bulk by crocheting motifs together with slip stitches.
- Achieve a raised decorative outline around motifs with single crochet through the front or back loop.
- Eliminate hours of joining motifs at the end of your project using the ever popular join-as-you-go method with slip stitches and the drop-hook-and-join technique.
- Create a decorative look by connecting motifs with the twisted vine join.
- Execute a lacy result by joining motifs using taller stitches.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.