Join quilting expert Nancy Scott and learn how to take an older quilt, whether an antique or a vintage favorite, and make a new version of it. You'll learn how to rework it with an easier pattern and simpler construction techniques, plus how to update the fabrics and colors. It's like giving a fresh twist to a classic quilt! After learning the techniques in this class, you will be able to use a classic quilt from your own collection as inspiration to create a new, functional quilt you can use and cherish.
In this video class you'll learn how to:
- Study and measure a vintage quilt to understand the original pattern.
- Update a vintage pattern for easier, modern construction.
- Select fabrics and colors for an updated look.
- Make a tumbling blocks pattern without a Y-seam.
- Cut squares, triangles and diamonds with a rotary cutter and ruler.
- Make a plastic template and cut template shapes.
- Machine applique with fusing and a blanket stitch.
- Finish restyled quilts with quilting, binding and a label.
- Make 3 vintage quilts from the instructor's private collection: Pinwheel Throw, Tumbling Blocks Bed Runner and Orange Peel Bed Quilt.
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.