Join Gyleen Fitzgerald as she takes you on a quilting journey that will change your life. You'll learn how to make order and harmony from that stash of fabric and how to balance bold prints with smaller prints and in-between prints. You'll understand how to group color families in a scrap quilt to make the project sing. As you follow along in this class, you'll feel empowered to turn to your fabric stash instead of heading to the fabric store when starting a new project!
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Create a visually pleasing fabric "choir" with a soloist (focal fabric), harmonizer (fabric that bridges the soloist to the choir members), choir members (scraps) and stage (background fabric).
- Recognize what makes a bold print work or not work as a quilt's focal fabric.
- Cut scraps into precut shapes for faster quilting.
- Organize your scraps so you know what's in your stash at any time.
- Line antique blocks to add stability and longevity.
- Use both precuts and scraps in one quilt.
- Cut triangles, diamonds, hexagons, half-hexagons and cones with Gyleen's Polygon and Polygon2 tools.
- Turn antique blocks of varying sizes into uniform-size blocks by adding borders and corner triangles.
- Make an on-point square pieced border.
- Calculate a float border to accommodate any quilt.
- Make a pieced scrap backing for any quilt.
Learn to Quilt With Scraps: Stash to Treasure streaming online class and DVD include full video and written instructions to make the A Perfectly Pieced Border Sized for Any Quilt. If you purchase A Perfectly Pieced Border Sized for Any Quilt single-project online workshop and later purchase Learn to Quilt With Scraps: Stash to Treasure, you can receive credit for the single-project workshop by emailing Customer_Service@AnniesCraftStore.com or call us toll free at (800) 282-6643.
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.