Paint a Quilt Block Wall Hanging
Meet The Expert
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Select a wood panel.
- Match paint to project design.
- Graph and transfer the quilt block outline onto your panel.
- Paint the quilt block design. Materials:
- Wood board, Get high grade plywood that is smooth on one side. The sample piece is an 18" x 18" board. A 24" x 24" board would work well on a patio or a garage. The larger your building, the larger the board should be.
- Paint. If your wall quilt will be displayed inside, standard household wall paint will work well. If your wall quilt will be displayed on a barn or outside in the elements, it is essential to use an exterior or marinegrade paint, plus a topcoat.
- Brushes or rollers. Sizes will vary with the size of board and amount of detail in your block.
- Painterís canvas to cover your work area
- Graph paper
- Painterís tape