The Bookcase Quiltalong: Part 2
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode, quilting expert Nancy McNally shows examples of novelty fabrics for books, book spines and motifs.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Choose fabrics for specific books, spines and objects on shelves.
- Keep pieces and parts organized.
- Maximize novelty prints in your own Bookcase Quilt.
- Small pieces 28 novelty prints, including black solid. Note: Finished sample fabrics include black solid, terra cotta tonal, dark green batik, medium green tonal, light green tonal, black metallic oriental print, dark red tonal, gold tonal, orange leaf print, blue tonal, black metallic print, rust tonal, black-with-white dot, dark red solid, red plaid, black-and-white check, red metallic floral print, rust print, black swirl tonal, black background metallic fruit print, black and small white dot, green swirl tonal, dark brown tonal, white tonal, black-and-white stripe, medium scale floral print, black floral print and gold dot.
- 1 yard gray dot
- 1 yard white tonal
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Gold embroidery floss
- Polyester monofilament thread
- Fine-point permanent marking pen
- Basic sewing tools and supplies