New Narrows Tote
Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode, quilting and sewing expert Heather Valentine demonstrates simple construction steps to master shaping the boxed corners. She also shows how to insert a magnetic bag closure for a professional finish. The pattern also includes tips to make this bag extra scrappy.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Turn straight fabric strips into a textural New Narrows Tote.
- Use stabilizer to shape bag.
- Create boxed corners.
- Assorted batik scrap strips for pieced section and straps (1 5/8–1 3/4 yards total)*
- 1 1/8 yards coordinating batik for lining and upper bag front*
- 2 (19" x 20") rectangles batting
- 2 (16 1/2" x 14 1/2") rectangles fabric stabilizer*
- 1 (5/8") magnetic snap
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Tote Size: Approximately 12" x 16" x 4"