Meet The Expert
Debby Brown's website summary describes her as a "designer and quilt enabler." Full bio »
View other episodes by Debby Brown »
The Boardwalk quilt is shown in cool blues and greens with white sashing, but will pop in any colorway. In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Debby Brown demonstrates tips to piece the blocks and adds a bonus free-motion swirl design tutorial. The pattern calls for batik fabrics, but any may be used.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Piece the stunning Boardwalk Quilt.
- Machine-quilt a free-motion overall swirl design.
- 3/4 yard medium blue batik*
- 1 1/8 yards total assorted light blue and aqua batiks
- 1 1/8 yards total assorted light green batiks*
- 2 yards white solid*
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
SPECIFICATIONS Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Quilt Size: 55 1/2" x 55 1/2"
Block Size: 12" x 12" finished
Number of Blocks: 16