The Bookcase Quiltalong: Part 5
Meet The Expert
Learn how to artfully arrange the books, bowl and pot for shelf one while allowing for seam allowances and layers. Join quilting expert Nancy McNally in this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Arrange and fuse pieces for shelf one of the Bookcase Quilt.
- Arrange but delay fusing of the layers of ivy leaves.
- Experiment with stitch width and length for applique pieces.
- Small pieces 28 novelty prints, including black solid (black solid, terra cotta tonal, dark green batik, medium green tonal, light green tonal, black metallic oriental print, dark red tonal, gold tonal, orange leaf print, blue tonal, black metallic print, rust tonal, black-with-white dot, dark red solid, red plaid, black-and-white check, red metallic floral print, rust print, black swirl tonal, black background metallic fruit print, black and small white dot, green swirl tonal, dark brown tonal, white tonal, black-and-white stripe, medium scale floral print, black floral print and gold dot used to make sample)
- 1 yard gray dot
- 1 yard white tonal
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Gold embroidery floss
- Fine point permanent marking pen
- Basic sewing tools and supplies