Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting and sewing expert Heather Valentine demonstrates how to stitch up the Double Blooms pot holder for your kitchen.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Create visual interest and texture with simple quilting.
- Sew small pieces with ease.
- Add a 3-dimensional focal point to your oven mitt.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
- 1/4 yard light gold tonal
- 1 fat quarter (or 1/4 yard) dark red tonal
- 1/4 yard each gold dot and black dot
- 1/2 yard cotton batting
- 8 x 22-inch needle-punched insulating batting
- 1 (5/8-inch) dark red button
- Fabric glue stick (optional)
- Basic sewing supplies and equipment