A Time to Fall
Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally demonstrates how to create movement by adding raw edge applique leaves to two background blocks. She'll also teach how to miter the corner borders for a beautifully framed finish.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Create A and B blocks from an assortment of cream-colored fabrics.
- Cut out, fuse and machine stitch raw-edge applique pieces for leaves.
- Miter the corner borders of A Time to Fall quilt.
Block Sizes: 8" x 10" finished and 8" x 15" finished
Number of Blocks: 12 and 4
- 20 assorted autumn-color batik scraps at least 8" square for leaves
- Assorted brown batik scraps at least 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" for stems
- 1 1/4 yards black floral
- 3 yards total assorted cream batiks
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Template material
- 2 1/4 yards 17"-wide fusible web*
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
- Pellon« Wonder-Under« fusible web used to make sample.