Very Merry Christmas Quiltalong: Part 2
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting and sewing expert Heather Valentine discusses how to maintain accurate seam allowance for the base unit and demonstrates the two-step diagonal hat tip.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Assemble the Santa row of the Very Merry Christmas quilt.
- Confirm seam allowance accuracy.
- Create mustaches, covered button noses and yo-yo embellishments.
- 1/8 yard pink solid
- 1/3 yard navy dot*
- 1/4 yard green snowman print*
- 1/3 yard brown solid
- 1/2 yard aqua print*
- 2/3 yard light green print*
- 1 1/2 yards red dot*
- 1 1/2 yards aqua dot*
- 1 1/2 yards white snowflake tonal*
- 1 3/4 yards green dot*
- 1 7/8 yards red print*
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Scraps of low to mid loft batting
- Fusible web with paper release
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) white buttons
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) black buttons
- 10 (5/8"-diameter) black buttons
- 6 (1/2"–3/4") carrot buttons
- 23 (5/8") red buttons
- 5 (3/4"-diameter) cover button kits
- White embroidery floss
- 1 package white medium 1/2"-wide rickrack
- Petite (30mm) yo-yo maker (optional)
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Special thanks to our sponsors!