Rhapsody Afghan: Part 3
Meet The Expert
Lena Skvagerson is lead designer for Annie's exclusive pattern collection, Annie's Signature Designs. Lena is also producer and one of the hosts of Annie's popular TV show Knit and Crochet Now! Lena was born and raised in Sweden. She learned to crochet and knit at age 5, made her first sweater by the time she turned 15, and created her first knitwear collection at age 17!... Full bio »
View other episodes by Lena Skvagerson »
In this Crochet Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert and designer Lena Skvagerson teaches the shell stitch and two special stitch techniques complete rows 17 to 23.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Work the shell special stitch.
- Work into back loop only.
- Work a treble crochet decrease.
- Crochet rows 17 to 23 of the Rhapsody Afghan.
- Red Heart Soft medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (5 oz/256 yds/141g per skein): 3 skeins each #4545 peri and #4601 off-white 2 skeins each #4420 guacamole, #4620 minty, #9251 coral, #9263 cinnabar and #9870 deep sea
- Size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle