Boo Crew Wall Hanging
Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally recreates the short seasonal word with raw-edge applique, including the grinning faces of a cat and pumpkin and an friendly flying bat. Follow along to make this whimsical Halloween applique project!
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Prepare template shapes for applique pieces.
- Position applique shapes onto background.
- Machine stitch raw-edge appliques.
- Scraps brown and green batiks
- Scrap black solids
- Fat quarter cream batik
- 1/3 yard orange batik
- 1/2 yard purple batik
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- 2 (3/16") purple buttons
- 2 (7/16") black buttons
- 1 (1/2") cream button
- Fusible web with paper release
- Basic sewing tools and supplies