Very Merry Christmas Quiltalong: Part 4
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting and sewing expert Heather Valentine will be your guide. Join her as she demonstrates the steps to create and machine stitch raw-edge applique that you'll be proud to show off. You'll finish this adorable row with sweet hand-embroidered accents. To purchase a kit to make this project, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=150960.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Create and apply gingerbread shaped raw-edge appliques to row 3.
- Transfer smile pattern and hand embroider an outline stitch.
- Make fabric bows.
- 1/8 yard pink solid
- 1/3 yard navy dot*
- 1/4 yard green snowman print*
- 1/3 yard brown solid
- 1/2 yard aqua print*
- 2/3 yard light green print*
- 1 1/2 yards red dot*
- 1 1/2 yards aqua dot*
- 1 1/2 yards white snowflake tonal*
- 1 3/4 yards green dot*
- 1 7/8 yards red print*
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Scraps of low to mid loft batting
- Fusible web with paper release
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) white buttons
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) black buttons
- 10 (5/8"-diameter) black buttons
- 6 (1/2"–3/4") carrot buttons
- 23 (5/8") red buttons
- 5 (3/4"-diameter) cover button kits
- White embroidery floss
- 1 package white medium 1/2"-wide rickrack
- Petite (30mm) yo-yo maker (optional)
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Special thanks to our sponsors!