Very Merry Christmas Quiltalong: Part 5
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Heather Valentine will demonstrate how to create accurate half square triangles using her favorite tool to perfectly trim HSTs with ease. To purchase a kit to make this project, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=150960.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Cut, sew and trim accurate half square triangles.
- Press units for professional results.
- Complete the Pinwheel Row of the Very Merry Christmas Quilt.
- 1/8 yard pink solid
- 1/3 yard navy dot*
- 1/4 yard green snowman print*
- 1/3 yard brown solid
- 1/2 yard aqua print*
- 2/3 yard light green print*
- 1 1/2 yards red dot*
- 1 1/2 yards aqua dot*
- 1 1/2 yards white snowflake tonal*
- 1 3/4 yards green dot*
- 1 7/8 yards red print*
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Scraps of low to mid loft batting
- Fusible web with paper release
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) white buttons
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) black buttons
- 10 (5/8"-diameter) black buttons
- 6 (1/2"–3/4") carrot buttons
- 23 (5/8") red buttons
- 5 (3/4"-diameter) cover button kits
- White embroidery floss
- 1 package white medium 1/2"-wide rickrack
- Petite (30mm) yo-yo maker (optional)
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Special thanks to our sponsors!