Into the Jungle: Tree & Base Part 1
Meet The Expert
Lee Sartori's passion is designing modern, wearable garments and adorable amigurumi. She is the crochet designer behind CoCo Crochet Lee. She can be seen as a guest host on seasons 9 and 10 of the popular PBS show Knit and Crochet Now! and as a crochet expert for Annie's Creative Studio, where she demonstrates fun crochet skills and patterns. Full bio »
View other episodes by Lee Sartori »
In this Crochet Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Lee Sartori demonstrates how to begin the Into the Jungle project by crocheting the tree form and base. If you are new to crocheting in continuous rounds, you'll find the video tutorial to be a very helpful guide.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Crochet in continuous rounds.
- Shape work around a foam form.
- Join pieces together working through both thicknesses.
Tree: 17 inches tall
Giraffe: 17 inches long
- Red Heart Super Saver medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (7 oz/ 364 yds/ 198g per skein): 8 oz #406 medium thyme 6 oz #334 buff 4 oz #360 café latte 1 oz each #365 coffee and #312 black
- Size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- 12-inch-tall plastic foam cone
Special thanks to our sponsors!