Meet The Expert
Lena Skvagerson is lead designer for Annie's exclusive pattern collection, Annie's Signature Designs. Lena is also producer and one of the hosts of Annie's popular TV show Knit and Crochet Now! Lena was born and raised in Sweden. She learned to crochet and knit at age 5, made her first sweater by the time she turned 15, and created her first knitwear collection at age 17!... Full bio »
View other episodes by Lena Skvagerson »
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, join lead designer for Annie's Signature Designs and co-producer of Knit and Crochet Now! Lena Skvagerson. She'll show you how to use basic stitches with a few twists to work up a pair of these snazzy Unisex Slippers for yourself or for a friend.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Crochet the ankle and instep.
- Work the lower sides.
- Crochet the sole, edge and button flap.
- Crochet the Unisex Slippers.
- King Cole Fashion Aran medium (worsted) weight acrylic/wool yarn (3 1/2 oz/219 yds/100g per ball): 1 ball each #100 Oban, #632 Orkney, #314 graphite, #440 Mull, #1818 Stonewash
- Size G/6/4mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- 2 wood 1-inch buttons per slipper set
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers