Pumpkin Harvest Quilt
Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally demonstrates how to make this eye-catching Pumpkin Harvest Quilt with applique leaves. Designed by Chris Malone, the Pumpkin Harvest Quilt uses the time-saving stitch-and-flip method.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Use the stitch-and-flip method for quicker and easier sewing.
- Make 3-dimensional applique leaves.
- Cut the fabric on the bias to create meandering vines.
- Press open a very narrow seam.
- Use pinking shears and a turning tool.
Quilt Size: 52" x 52"
Block Size: 8" x 8"
Number of Blocks: 25
- Scraps brown tonals and prints
- 1/2 yard green tonal
- 3/4 yard cream with black dot
- 1 yard black with cream print
- 1 yard total 5" x 5" scraps green tonal and prints
- 1 1/2 yards total assorted orange tonals and prints
- Backing to size
- Batting to size plus scraps for leaves
- Template material
- Pinking shears (optional)
- Basic sewing tools and supplies