Turkey Trot Bench Pillow
Meet The Expert
Kim is a mother to 4 sporty, smelly and sweet boys ranging in the ages of 8 to 21 and lucky enough to be married to my favorite person in the world who lets her play in her craft room instead of watching man movies at night. When not doing laundry, this ex-fiber arts teacher loves to do ALL the crafts especially quilting, crochet and cross stitch. This bubbly, outgoing... Full bio »
View other episodes by Kim Oedekoven »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Kim Oedekoven demonstrates how to piece and applique this decorative bench pillow.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Cut the pieces and make applique templates.
- Fuse leaves and acorns onto the pillow then blanket stitch in place.
- Piece the turkey, pumpkin and oak leaves.
- Make pillow backing to fit 16" x 38" pillow form.
- Complete the Turkey Trot Bench Pillow.
Finished Size: Fits 16" x 38" pillow form
- ⅛ yard cream dot
- ¼ yard total assorted cream prints and tonals
- ¼ yard total assorted gold prints and tonals
- ¼ yard total assorted red prints and tonals
- ¼ yard total assorted brown prints and tonals
- ¼ yard green fall print
- Assorted scraps tan, orange and green tonals
- 1 (8½") R square orange tonal
- 1 (6½" x 12½") X rectangle green tonal
- 1 (3½" x 10½") Y rectangle orange plaid
- 18" x 40" backing for pillow front
- 18" x 40" batting
- 2 (11½" x 38½") rectangles for pillow back
- 1 (⅜"-diameter) tan button
- Fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
To add this pattern to your Annie's Creative Studio pattern library or to download it to your personal device, click on the Patterns tab above.