Pretty Up Pillar Candles
Meet The Expert
Rene Haines is a Country Sampler photo stylist whose career as a decorator has evolved over time. Her passion for repurposing and recreating serves her well in her current position where she arranges displays, decorates homes for the magazine and originates unique design ideas. Rene especially loves finding vintage pieces and turning them into creative home accents. Full bio »
View other episodes by Rene Haines »
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Create a space inside the candle for an insert.
- Place tea lights with wicks or batteries inside a pillar candle.
- Transfer paper artwork onto a pillar candle.
- Personalize and embellish the candle.
- White or off-white pillar candle
- Parchment paper
- White or off-white tissue paper
- Paper napkins or printed artwork
- Light cardstock paper if using printable artwork
- Tea light candles
- Ribbon of choice for embellishment
- Drill fitted with a paddle bit approximately 1 1/2")
- Hair dryer or heat tool