Frequently Asked Questions
Annie's Creative Studio
- What is Annie’s Creative Studio?
- Annie’s Creative Studio is an online video streaming service that specializes in learning, crafting and making. There are six different programs that focus on a variety of crafting interests. Our instructors are experts in their specific fields and share a multitude of useful tips and knowledge to help you create attractive and useful items! Subscribers can view all episodes at any time and as many times as desired. Each week, new video episodes and patterns will be added for your viewing and creating enjoyment.
- Do I get any projects or patterns with my subscription?
- Many of the episodes will include patterns as part of the episode material. Patterns are available as a PDF download. Patterns are free with paid subscription, but not sold separately on the Annie’s Creative Studio website.
- Do you have a Program Guide?
- Yes. At the top of the Annie's Creative Studio page there is a program tab. Under the program tab, click on Program Guide.
- Can I preview Annie’s Creative Studio before I pay for a subscription?
- Yes! You can sign up for a free 15-day trial. During this time, you can view as many episodes as you want and download the patterns for free.
- Can you explain the skill levels used for the patterns?
Episodes and projects are suitable for first-time crafters with no experience in the class technique. Basic, fundamental instruction is part of the class curriculum, giving students the ability to complete easy, beginner-level projects.
Episodes and projects are suitable for crafters who are familiar with the class technique and have basic, beginner-level skills.
Episodes and projects are suitable for crafters who are competent in the basic skills of the class technique and have taken those skills to the next level with more complicated projects, stitch patterns and techniques within the craft.
Episodes and projects are suitable for crafters who are fully competent in advanced projects, stitches and techniques. Episodes and projects are designed for crafters seeking a new challenge to further their crafting skills.
- How many times can I watch each episode?
- As many times as you like! There is no limit to how many times a subscriber can watch an episode.
- Can I bookmark my video to hold my place if I need to pause it?
- Yes! We’ll remember your place for you! Simply close your browser when you are ready to stop watching the video and when you come back, the video will resume where you stopped watching. You can also pause or stop the video and when you come back, the video will start right where you left off! Individual episodes can be bookmarked and found on your own personal Watchlist or Favorites.
- How long can I access Annie's Creative Studio once I cancel my subscription?
- If you cancel your subscription during the trial period, you'll continue to have access until the end of the 15 days. If you cancel after the trial period has ended, your subscription is cancelled immediately and you will not be able to access any episodes or patterns on your Annie's Creative Studio watchlist or bookshelf.
- What are some of the special features of Annie’s Creative Studio?
- Annie’s Creative Studio lets you watch what you want, when you want and as often as you want. All you need is any device with high-speed Internet connection! Plus, many of the episodes feature great patterns that you get to download and print for free, making Annie’s Creative studio an asset to your creative process.
You have access to every Annie’s Creative Studio episode available the moment you subscribe, plus all the additional new episodes that are added each week. Your subscription also comes with a weekly program guide highlighting upcoming videos as well as the first look at monthly giveaways!
- Can I interact with the episode expert?
- Experts cannot be contacted directly through Annie’s Creative Studio. You can ask questions or make comments to the Annie’s Creative Studio community on Facebook. There you will have access to thousands of other viewers who can help you figure something out or simply be excited by your progress through a project.
- What should I do if I can’t get the same supplies that the instructor used?
- No worries! Annie’s Creative Studio episodes are designed so that you can use what you want to complete a project as long as you use the same weight or type of product. You may want to try different colors or brands to make your project uniquely yours.
- How can I suggest a topic for an episode?
- You can suggest topics through our community Facebook page or send an email to Customer_Service@AnniesCatalog.com. We would love to hear your suggestions!
- Can I save an episode to my computer or mobile device?
- Episodes can only be viewed on computers, tablets and phones, but cannot be downloaded.
- Do the episodes have closed captioning?
- Yes. To access closed captioning, click on the play button to start the video. Then click on the CC icon on the right side of the play bar. Next, select “English” to see closed captions for the episode.
- Can I share what I make on social media?
- Absolutely! We would love to see what you made. You can add your project to our Facebook community page at any time. We love seeing what members are making!
- Can I share episodes with others?
- You can watch the episodes with whomever you like but you cannot send, transfer or copy episodes for someone else’s use. You can, however, tell friends on Facebook about the episode. When watching an episode, click on the Facebook icon to share information about it.
- Where can I find a list of videos or episodes available?
- At the top of the Annie's Creative Studio page there is a program tab. Once on that page, click on the desired program which will take you to a listing of all episodes available from that program. You can also see a list of programs coming up each week. Under the program tab, click on Program Guide.
Subscribing to Annie's Creative Studio
- How do I subscribe to Annie’s Creative Studio?
- To become a subscribing member of Annie’s Creative Studio, go to AnniesCraftStore.com and click on the Annie’s Creative Studio tab. You’ll be shown an order page for joining which you’ll just need to complete and submit.
- Do you accept international (non-U.S. and Canada) orders for the Club?
- Yes, we welcome customers outside of the U.S. and Canada (except Quebec).
- How do I watch Annie’s Creative Studio once I have purchased it?
- You can watch your Annie’s Creative Studio videos on any device. Just log in to your account and then click on any episode you would like to watch and click the “Play” button.
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- We hope you love Annie’s Creative Studio, but if for some reason you need to cancel, you can do that here. You can also send us an email requesting to cancel to Customer_Service@AnniesCatalog.com.
- If I cancel my subscription, how long can I watch the episodes?
- When you cancel your membership after the 15-day free trial period, your subscription is canceled immediately and you will no longer have access to episodes.
- If I cancel but later sign up again, will I still have access to the episodes I saved on My Watchlist and Favorites?
- We will keep your watching and favorite history for 60 days.
- If I cancel my subscription, can I keep the patterns I’ve downloaded?
- Patterns that have been downloaded to your personal device are yours to keep. Patterns stored on your Annie’s Creative Studio bookshelf will no longer be accessible once you cancel your subscription.
- How much does Annie’s Creative Studio cost?
- The standard Annie’s Creative Studio monthly subscription price is $7.99.
- Can I pay for Annie’s Creative Studio with PayPal?
- Unfortunately, we currently cannot accept recurring charges through PayPal.
- Can I subscribe to Annie’s Creative Studio by phone or mail?
- Due to the digital nature of this program, you can only subscribe at our website.
- Can I subscribe to Annie’s Creative Studio without a credit card or debit card?
- We only accept credit cards, debit cards or prepaid credit cards issued by a major bank online for payment. Sorry, we do not accept checks or cash in payment for Annie’s Creative Studio, nor can you subscribe over the phone.
Viewing Annie's Creative Studio Episodes
- How do I view episodes/online classes once I have subscribed?
- Click on "Log in" or "My Creative Studio" to log in using the information provided during your checkout. After logging in, you'll see episodes/online classes you’ve added to your Watchlist, Favorite episodes/online classes and new episodes.
- How many times can I watch an episode/online class?
- As a subscriber, you can watch any episode/online class as many times as you wish.
- Can I save episodes/online classes to my computer or mobile device?
- The episodes will always be available for instant online viewing, but we do not support downloading and saving these episodes/online classes to your device.
- How do I make the screen larger?
- To enlarge the viewing area, hover over the bottom of the video screen until a box shows across the bottom of the screen. Then click on the arrows that point up and down and the screen will enlarge. If you want to make it smaller, just click on the arrows again.
- Can I bookmark my episode/online class to hold my place if I have to pause it?
- We'll remember your place for you! You simply need to close your browser when you're ready to stop watching the episode/online class and when you come back, the episode/online class will resume where you stopped watching it. Or you can choose to watch the episode/online class from the beginning.
- How can I repeatedly watch a portion of an episode/online class?
- You can repeat sections of an episode/online class in 30, 60, and 90 second increments. This allows you to view something repeatedly that you might not understand the first time until you turn off the repeat feature. To turn on the repeat feature, just click on "30, 60, or 90" showing at the bottom of the screen. When you're ready to stop repeating, click or tap on "Turn off repeat."
- What do the little scissors and heart mean?
- The scissors icon indicates that the episode/online class has an accompanying pattern. The heart icon is what you click if you want to make that episode/online class or pattern a Favorite.
- Do episodes/online classes have closed captioning?
- Yes. To access closed captioning, click the play button to start the video. Then, click the CC icon on the right side of the play bar. Next, select "English" to see closed captions for the episode/online class.
- I'm having trouble playing an episode/online class.
- Sometimes a temporary Internet service disruption or slowdown may cause problems such as stopping and starting or a delay in the episode/online class starting. It's best to close out of the episode/online class and then restart it, letting the episode/online class buffer to 20 or 30 percent before clicking the play arrow. If you continue to have trouble, please contact Customer Service at Customer_Service@AnniesCatalog.com.
- Are there system requirements to view episodes?
- If your computer system was manufactured in the past few years, you should be set up to view the episodes. We do recommend making sure your browser is up-to-date, whether you use Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or others, as that will help ensure your experience is superb.
- Can I view episodes if I have dial-up Internet?
- If you can successfully view other videos online, then your dial-up connection should be adequate. We do not recommend this access speed for an optimal experience, unfortunately.
- Can I access episodes from my mobile device?
- You can access your purchased episodes from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but our episodes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
- How do I contact customer service?
- If you cannot find an answer to your question here in our FAQ section, please fill out our customer service request form.
- How do I sign in to watch my episodes?
- Click on "Log in" or "My Creative Studio" to log in using the information provided during your checkout. After logging in, you'll see episodes you’ve added to your Watchlist, Favorite episodes and new episodes.
- What do I do if I forget my password?
- If you forget your password, please fill out the form on this page to create a new password. We'll send an email to you with a link to reset your password. Just click on the link in the email and enter the new password.
- How do I get special discounts and offers from Annie's?
- It's easy! Send us your mailing and/or email address, along with your request to be added to our mailing list, by completing our online form.
- My special offer code is not working or I forgot to include it with my order. What can I do?
- Customers may send the claim code or type of promotion that was to be received, along with their account information, by completing our online form.
- My email address changed. How do I let you know?
- Log in to your account and select "Manage My Account" located in the top right corner. Click on "User Profile" to update your name or change your email address. Then the next time you visit the site, log in with your new email address.