O Holy Night Banner
Meet The Expert
Marty Walden is the author and creative mind behind the blog Marty's Musings, where she shares her trash-to-treasure makeovers, easy DIY projects and beautiful room transformations. She believes that anyone can create an authentic home filled with simple, thrifty decor. Her goal is to help her readers gain the knowledge and confidence they need to create a treasured home... Full bio »
View other episodes by Marty Walden »
In this Creative Living episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, owner of Marty's Musings.net Marty Walden demonstrates the steps to make this picture-perfect farmhouse-style banner.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Use a found wood branch or pre-cut wood slices.
- Season the painted surface to avoid ghosting.
- Vary how you string the wood slices based on where you'll display the banner.
- Craft the O Holy Night Banner
- Thick length of log (preferably dried out)
- 1/4" drill bit
- Black chalkboard paint
- Artist brush
- White chalk
- Paper towel