Often the Pineapple motif is seen in doilies and tablecloths made with fine cotton thread and tiny steel hooks. Your instructor for this class, crochet expert Sharon Silverman, has designed a pretty and useful lap blanket using worsted-weight yarn and an H/8/5mm hook -- tools and materials you are already comfortable with. Next, you'll be ready to take on the lovely shawl, again with an H hook and, this time, light-weight cotton yarn. The results are breathtaking!
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Identify the structure of the Pineapple motif.
- Read a symbol diagram and understand how helpful it can be.
- Work special stitches including the shell and chain-5 shell.
- Properly start a new skein of yarn.
- Create and apply fringe for a wonderful finishing touch.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.