To see a complete materials list for all class projects, download this Class Materials
Join expert instructor Ellen Gormley as she teaches how to crochet three beautiful and beloved lace techniques -- hairpin lace, broomstick lace and Bruges lace. In just one class, you'll learn how to assemble and use a hairpin lace loom, how to properly hold a large knitting needle and crochet hook to make broomstick lace, and how short rows worked with a simple crochet hook becomes elegant Bruges lace. You'll love all the possibilities with these gorgeous lace techniques and will be thrilled to add these skills to your crochet repertoire.
In addition to the video content, this class also includes step-by-step patterns and symbol diagrams for crocheting six exclusive class projects (see photos below). Gentle Waves Hairpin Lace Scarf and Simply Elegant Hairpin Lace Scarf will complement many outfits. The Baby Love Broomstick Blanket is perfect for the expectant mother and Broomstick Lace Shawlette will win praise from family and friends. Finally, two Bruges lace projects, Bruges Lace Tunic and Sunbeam Bruges Lace Table Runner, will showcase your newfound skills.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Assemble and use a hairpin lace loom.
- Join hairpin lace panels.
- Work hairpin lace as a right- or left-hander.
- Determine which supersize knitting needle and regular crochet hook to use for broomstick lace.
- Increase and decrease in broomstick lace.
- Crochet strips of Bruges lace and join them into a beautiful, lacy fabric.
- Read crochet symbol charts.
- Block your finished projects to show off each stitch.
- Crochet six exclusive projects including scarves, baby blanket, tunic, table runner and shawlette.
Confident beginner crocheters able to chain, slip stitch, work single, half double and double crochet stitches will be able to successfully complete this class.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.