Upcycling is one of today's hottest trends in crafting. Join the fun by learning how to upcycle and refashion sweaters from thrift store sweaters or even sweaters you crocheted or knit that no longer fit or are outdated!
Imagine turning that sweater you lovingly crocheted for your then 6-year-old daughter into a tablet tote for your now 9-year-old daughter! She'll be thrilled to see that beloved outgrown sweater turned into a tote she can use every day! And you'll be delighted that your handmade item will be used for years to come. Or take that favorite Christmas sweater you can't bear to part with and transform it into a tree skirt and ornaments you'll use again and again! That's the joy of upcycling -- you get years of use out of an otherwise unused item!
In this video class, you'll learn how to:
- Use basic sewing techniques and supplies to create upcycled projects.
- Make easy no-sew boot toppers.
- Sew trendy beanie hats for everyone in the family with a single seam!
- Add a cozy touch to any room with perfectly coordinated sweater pillows.
- Create a wine bottle gift bag in just 5 minutes!
- Keep your pet stylish with a handsome doggy sweater.
- Make a pair of warm fleece-lined mittens.
- Turn a cardigan into a handy tablet tote.
- Transform a patterned sweater into a gorgeous Christmas tree skirt with ornaments!
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.