To see a complete materials list for all class projects, download this Class Materials
Go beyond basic knit and purl stitches and learn 12 different stitch patterns that will expand your knitting skills and build your confidence! In this knit sampler class, Creative Knitting
Executive Editor Kara Gott Warner will teach you a variety of knitting techniques while you create 8 x 8-inch sampler stitch squares. These squares can be joined together to create a variety of knitting projects, including a lap or baby blanket, afghan and a tote bag. Learning such a wide range of knitting techniques is satisfying and fun when worked in small squares. It's also great for using up your yarn stash! For on-the-go knitters, squares can easily be tucked away in your knitting bag.
In this class, you'll:
- Learn 12 different knitting stitch patterns by working 8 x 8-inch squares
- Take knits and purls to the next level with seed stitch, moss stitch, double moss stitch, tuck & bowknot stitch, hexagon stitch, mosaic chevron stitch, mitered squares and more
- Learn the magic of mitering, also known as modular knitting
- Learn a basic scroll lace stitch pattern
- Work a one- and two-color cable pattern
- Get an introduction into working short rows
- Join the squares together to create a vibrant afghan or boho tote
Expand your knitting skills today with this early-intermediate knitting class. Viewers will notice that Kara knits in Continental style, but stitches and techniques are worked the same for all
knitters -- English, Continental or otherwise. Continental style simply has to do with how the knitter tensions and moves the yarn.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie’s online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.