Have you ever wished you could create custom stationery and invitations with beautiful calligraphy? Today's modern take on pointed-pen calligraphy is easier than you might think. Join professional calligrapher and hand-lettering artist Kristara Schnippert as she teaches you everything you need to know to get started in modern calligraphy! She'll show you step by step how to create strokes, letters and words increasing your knowledge each step of the way. You'll also discover tips on fixing common calligraphy trouble spots.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Select essential calligraphy supplies like ink, nibs and paper.
- Identify the different parts of a nib.
- Prepare the nib and properly hold the pen.
- Prepare your ink and dip your pen.
- Mix your own custom ink.
- Write calligraphy letterforms, numbers and symbols.
- Connect letters and write words.
- Create basic layouts.
- Make custom dessert toppers.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.