Do you ever struggle to decide what design is best to quilt on your quilts? Many quilters wonder how they can add visually striking designs to their pieced quilts beyond stitching-in-the-ditch and crosshatching. In this Annie's video class, expert quilter Wendy Sheppard shares many tried-and-true machine-quilting designs and techniques ideally suited to pieced blocks.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Mark pieced blocks for easier machine quilting.
- Apply machine-quilting techniques to the Ohio Star block.
- Machine quilt straight-line designs that are not stitch-in-the-ditch.
- Quilt a crosshatch plaid design.
- Quilt within the natural geometry, or pieced patches within each block.
- Free-motion quilt a simple feather wreath.
- Create an illusion of a quilt block with machine quilting in a contrasting thread.
- Free-motion quilt allover motifs including sand dunes, leaves and swirls.
- Free-motion quilt a swirly flower motif for an art-quilt look.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class project instructions in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.