For some of us, the hardest part about making a quilt is deciding what design to use to assemble the quilt sandwich. Using stencils and templates takes much of that guesswork away, allowing you to finish your quilts with confidence. In this class, expert instructor Wendy Sheppard shows how stencil patterns complement pieced and appliqued blocks. She then demonstrates marking and machine quilting the stencil designs onto the class projects, a set of five pretty pot holders.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Select the right-size stencil for quilt blocks.
- Mark stencil designs onto quilt blocks.
- Alter stencil orientation on blocks for different looks.
- Apply stenciled designs to pieced and appliqued blocks.
- Achieve an art-quilt look with asymmetrical designs.
- Free-motion quilt the stencil designs using your home sewing machine.
- Embellish stencil designs to make them one-of-a-kind creations.
- Machine quilt stenciled designs with different colors.
- Complete five pot holders while practicing the techniques taught in the video.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class project instructions in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.