To see a complete materials list for all class projects, download this Class Materials
Have you ever wanted to make a T-shirt quilt? Do you have a soon-to-be graduate in your life with a big stack of special T-shirts that he or she won’t wear anymore? Do you have T-shirts full of memories from family vacations stacked in dresser drawers? If so, then a T-shirt quilt may be just what you need to make.
Join expert T-shirt quilter Nancy Scott as she demonstrates step-by-step how to make a memory quilt for a graduate. Everything you learn from this quilt can be applied to any other T-shirt quilt. Even if you’ve never made a quilt before, if you can sew a straight line on a sewing machine, you can make a T-shirt quilt!
In this class you’ll learn how to:
- Choose and prepare T-shirts for inclusion in a quilt.
- Inventory the T-shirts and begin the design process.
- Cut and stabilize the T-shirts for inclusion in a quilt.
- Lay out the T-shirts in a cluster or column layout.
- Create T-shirt blocks.
- Assemble the T-shirts into a quilt top.
- Make T-shirt borders than hang over a bed.
- Finish the quilt with quilting, binding, embellishments and labels.
Class includes complete instructions to make three exclusive projects: Graduate’s Memory Quilt, Family Vacation Quilt and Double-Framed Pillow.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie’s online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.