Have you ever wanted to make a T-shirt quilt? Do you have a soon-to-be graduate in your life with a big stack of special T-shirts that he or she won’t wear anymore? Do you have T-shirts full of memories from family vacations stacked in dresser drawers? If so, then a T-shirt quilt may be just what you need to make.
Join expert T-shirt quilter Nancy Scott as she demonstrates step-by-step how to make a memory quilt for a graduate. Everything you learn from this quilt can be applied to any other T-shirt quilt. Even if you’ve never made a quilt before, if you can sew a straight line on a sewing machine, you can make a T-shirt quilt!
In this class you’ll learn how to:
- Choose and prepare T-shirts for inclusion in a quilt.
- Inventory the T-shirts and begin the design process.
- Cut and stabilize the T-shirts for inclusion in a quilt.
- Lay out the T-shirts in a cluster or column layout.
- Create T-shirt blocks.
- Assemble the T-shirts into a quilt top.
- Make T-shirt borders than hang over a bed.
- Finish the quilt with quilting, binding, embellishments and labels.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie’s online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.