You see them everywhere -- gorgeous and expensive designer handbags made with beautiful fabrics. Now sewers with beginner skills can learn how to sew their own designer handbag with basic supplies and a sewing machine! No need to pay high prices at those fancy boutiques!
In this class, sewing expert Nancy Green will show you step-by-step how to make a stunning batik handbag with lots of pockets and space inside. Her original purse design, included with the class, gives you options for a solid or pieced fabric bag front and back, interior and exterior pockets, long or short straps and a tall or shorter bag. You'll love all the options you get in this class!
In this class, you'll learn:
- How to perfectly measure and cut fabric pieces
- How to create a pieced front and back
- How to create a button loop closure
- How to insert a magnetic clasp
- How to create outside lined pockets
- How to sew an inside lining with pockets
- How to add tucks to create bag shaping
- How to add bag ties and straps
- How to use fusible materials including fleece, heavy-weight stabilizer and extra-firm stabilizer to give your bag shape that will last for years
Beginner sewers who can thread their machine and sew a straight line will be able to successfully complete this class.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.