This easy mug rug is perfect for beginning quilters and sewers who want to try simple piecing without the commitment needed to make a quilt. Smaller than a place mat but larger than a coaster, its small size will allow you to complete it in an evening using your sewing machine and standard presser foot. In this class you'll learn how to:
- Cut fabric into perfect squares and rectangles.
- Sew 1/4-inch seams with a basic straight stitch.
- Sew small pieces together into the mug rug top.
- Nest seams to reduce bulk.
- Layer fabric, batting and batting.
- Whipstitch the seam closed.
- Finish the piece with simple machine quilting.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.