Using your home sewing machine, this workshop will guide you step-by-step through many basic sewing skills as you create a cute kitchen apron from start to finish! Sewing expert and instructor Nancy McNally shares helpful tips for hemming and gathering to give the apron a full and flowy look! With this fun workshop, you'll modernize an iconic kitchen staple into a chic fashion accessory! In this workshop you'll learn how to:
- Use basic sewing tools and notions.
- Cut out and pin pattern pieces to fabric.
- Sew straight and basting stitches evenly.
- Create a straight, double-fold hem.
- Create gathers evenly to give a full yet fitted look.
- Sew over thick layers of gathers.
- Add decorative machine top-stitching.
- Cut and stitch around curved pieces so they lay flat.
- Whipstitch an opening closed.
Learn to Sew streaming online class and DVD include full video and written instructions to make the Handy Baking Dish Carrier and Posies & Pocket Apron. If you purchase Handy Baking Dish Carrier and/or Posies & Pocket Apron single-project online workshop(s) and later purchase Learn to Sew, you can receive credit for the single-project workshop(s) by emailing Customer_Service@AnniesCraftStore.com or calling 1-800-282-6643. .
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.