Granny squares are a perennial favorite of crocheters worldwide and with this class you can learn 15 unique designs that illustrate just how creative you can be with squares, hexagons and octagons. Not only will you learn tricks and tips for making the motifs but new techniques you can use in all of your crochet projects.
The designs are classified as easy, intermediate and experienced—5 of each—but all you need to know are the basic crochet stitches. Working alongside crochet expert Ellen Gormley, you'll complete all the designs quickly and easily. Then you can create all 3 of the lovely projects to reinforce your newly acquired skills.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Crochet 15 unique squares, hexagons and octagons for all skill levels.
- Create interesting design elements by working behind stitches.
- Start with an octagon and end with a hexagon.
- Add color and surface texture to your motif with slip stitches.
- Use a Standing Join to begin the round with a new color.
- Execute the Invisible Join.
- Start motifs with the Magic Ring method.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.