Spinning Sunflowers Topper
Meet The Expert
Learn each step to quilt this enchanting table topper when you join quilting expert Nancy McNally in this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio. This intermediate pattern features a unique way to reduce bulk to allow your dazzling machine applique to shine.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Draw circles without a template.
- Create raw edge machine applique with a blanket stitch.
- Layer the applique for a 3-dimensional look.
- Fabric: 7 assorted fat quarters total rust, yellow, orange, cream and gold tonals or mottleds*
- Fat quarter olive green tonal*
- Fat quarter dark green tonal*
- 1/2 yard brown tonal*
- 1/2 yard ivory tonal*
- 1 yard tan tonal*
- Batting 38" x 38"*
- All-purpose thread to match fabrics
- Quilting thread
- 2 yards 18"-wide fusible web*
- Appliqué pressing sheet
- String and pencil
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Skill Level: Intermediate
Topper Size: 30" diameter