Oh Christmas Tree Wall Hanging: Part 4
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy Scott enhances the integrity of your Oh Christmas Tree quilt. She reviews vital aspects of layering, quilting and binding and demonstrates the almost lost art of hand quilting—which can add that heirloom touch to this charming wall hanging.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Layer, quilt and bind the wall hanging before embellishing.
- Select batting to complement the wall hanging.
- Consider options for quilting by hand or machine.
Wall Quilt Size: 25 1/2" x 47 1/2"
- Scrap dark brown print
- 1 fat quarter metallic gold-on-white tonal
- 1/4 yard red metallic tonal
- 3/8 yard green metallic print
- 7/8 yard off-white tonal
- 7/8 yard green holly print
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Green size 8 pearl cotton
- Black embroidery floss
- Embellishments as desired: gold bugle beads, seed beads, 3/16" round and star-shaped sequins, 5/16" beveled sequins, 7/8" gold and silver paillettes, oval pearl beads, metal charms, small snowflake buttons and iridescent red seed beads were used to make sample
- Beading needle
- Freezer paper
- Spray starch
- Cotton swabs
- Basic sewing tools and supplies