Rustic Coat Rack
Meet The Expert
Marty Walden is the author and creative mind behind the blog Marty's Musings, where she shares her trash-to-treasure makeovers, easy DIY projects and beautiful room transformations. She believes that anyone can create an authentic home filled with simple, thrifty decor. Her goal is to help her readers gain the knowledge and confidence they need to create a treasured home... Full bio »
View other episodes by Marty Walden »
In this Creative Living online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, owner of Marty's Musings blog Marty Walden demonstrates how to repurpose a length of barnwood and door knobs into a stylish coat rack with an on-trend farmhouse look.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Prepare barnwood for use in your home.
- Age new wood to look old.
- Prepare holes for doorknobs.
- Add an antique finish to the wood.
- Barnwood or other repurposed wood
- Door knobs or other decorative handles or hooks
- White chalk paint
- Antiquing glaze
- Cloths for cleaning and glazing
- Chip brush
- Cordless drill and bits
- Grinder (optional)