Adorable Spool Wreath
Meet The Expert
Rene Haines is a Country Sampler photo stylist whose career as a decorator has evolved over time. Her passion for repurposing and recreating serves her well in her current position where she arranges displays, decorates homes for the magazine and originates unique design ideas. Rene especially loves finding vintage pieces and turning them into creative home accents. Full bio »
View other episodes by Rene Haines »
In this Creative Living online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, craft expert Rene Haines demonstrates how to make a one-of-a-kind wreath from wooden spools, thread, ribbon, paper and burlap. Rene shares two variations in this episode -- a sweet multicolor thread wreath and a festive Christmas wreath.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Purchase wooden spools in various shapes and sizes.
- Add thread, ribbon or paper to decorate the spools.
- Glue the spools onto a burlap-covered base.
- Finish the Adorable Spool Wreath with a cheerful bow.
- Wire wreath base in desired size
- 6-inch wide burlap ribbon
- Wooden spools of various sizes
- Scrapbook paper
- Hot glue
- Wire-edged bow