Turning Leaf Vest
Meet The Expert
Lena Skvagerson is lead designer for Annie's exclusive pattern collection, Annie's Signature Designs. Lena is also producer and one of the hosts of Annie's popular TV show Knit and Crochet Now! Lena was born and raised in Sweden. She learned to crochet and knit at age 5, made her first sweater by the time she turned 15, and created her first knitwear collection at age 17!... Full bio »
View other episodes by Lena Skvagerson »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Lena Skvagerson for Annie's Signature Designs demonstrates how to work the open, lacy pattern with shells and a lacy look stitch pattern.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Work small, medium and large shell stitches.
- Crochet post stitches and treble crochets to create vertical ridged lines up the vest.
- Crochet the garment so there are no seams.
Bust: 34 inches (small) [38 1/2 inches (medium), 43 inches (large), 47 1/2 inches (X-large), 52 inches (2X-large), 56 1/2 inches (3X-large)]
Length: 39 inches (small) [39 inches (medium), 39 inches (large), 41 inches (X-large), 41 inches (2X-large), 41 inches (3X-large)]
- Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK light (DK) weight bamboo/wool yarn (1 3/4 oz/104 yds/50g per ball): 9 [9, 10, 11, 12, 13] balls #126
- Size K/101/2/6.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- 7/8-inch or 1-inch button: 1
- Sewing needle and thread