Hills of Ireland Afghan
Meet The Expert
Lena Skvagerson is lead designer for Annie's exclusive pattern collection, Annie's Signature Designs. Lena is also producer and one of the hosts of Annie's popular TV show Knit and Crochet Now! Lena was born and raised in Sweden. She learned to crochet and knit at age 5, made her first sweater by the time she turned 15, and created her first knitwear collection at age 17!... Full bio »
View other episodes by Lena Skvagerson »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert and pattern designer Lena Skvagerson demonstrates how to make this stunning gansey-style crochet afghan.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Choose the right yarn for your afghan project.
- Work 6 different surface-rich crochet textures.
- Finish off your design with a border.
- Block your project.
- Learn about the history of Gansey.
Finished Size: 54 inches wide x 52 inches long
- Red Heart Super Saver medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (7 oz/364 yds/198g per skein): 9 skeins #656 real teal
- Size K/101/2/6.5mm crochethook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle